Wednesday 24 August 2011

Streaker Ramblings - Deben YC July 16th 2011

As I advised in an earlier Blog I did not go to the Streaker Open Meeting at Deben this year - as far as I was concerned the forcast was for too strong a breeze for my liking. From the verbal reports I had I was right in my choice, certainly two of the entrants did not complete all three races.
The meeting was won by Mike Hanes (Deben YC) from Chris Woodard (Deben YC) with Pierre
Naude (Deben YC) in third spot. According to the usual procedure the 'winner' should have written a report which should have been sent to Yachts and Yachting and together with the full list of results should have been sent to the SCOA web site. It is also usual to pur a version of the report on the host club web site. Regretably none of these actions occured and the SCOA only received the results.
It is a shame as the report can be written (and Posted) in little more than an hour, the class fails to get any publicity as does the club and the other partipants fail to get recognition for their efforts. If I attend I endeavour to get hold of the relevant data - lap sheets (where completed) and overall result sheets - and endeavour to mention all envolved (where the numbers concerned are manageable) and then blog the event. Perhaps my efforts reach a wider audience than the Class web site but perhaps not more than a Y & Y  web site entry.
Results :-

<><> <><>

Helm
Club
Sail No
Race 1
Race 2
Race 3
Points
Net Points
Position
Michael Hanes
Deben YC
1655
1
1
1
3
2
1st
Pierre Naude
Ðeben YC
1620
2
3
3
8
5
3rd
Chris Woodard
Deben YC
1608
3
2
2
7
4
2nd
Amy Robinson
Blakeney SC
1686
4
5
6
15
9
5th
Dave Shuster
Deben YC
1660
5
4
5
14
9
4th
Hugh Ambery
Blakeney
1711
6
6
4
16
10
6th
Robin Parsons
Deben YC
1664
7
DNF
DNS
26
16
8th
Gary Hogan
Haversham SC
1757
8
7
7
22
14
7th
Peter Wyld
Blackwater SC
1564
DNF
DNS
8
2
18
9th
Concerning my  blog for the Bosham SC Streaker Open Meeting (July 23rd), after publishing, I was advised that the 'encroaching' keelboats were not Sunbeams but were in fact Swallows. I acknowledge my error in wrongly naming them but re-iterate my comments about their poor behaviour in charging through our start.
Alan.S 1700
 




No comments:

Post a Comment